The work session will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the Pikes Peak Conference Room at City Hall, 107 N. Nevada Ave.
The public is allowed to comment on the proposed changes, which are the result of confusion and other problems that surfaced during the last municipal election.
Click here to see the proposed changes.
Here’s the agenda for Tuesday’s work session:
Timeframe for hearing/penalties
– What are appropriate penalty limits?
– How long should process take?
– What information is required and what is filing process?
– Reporting of Independent Expenditures.
– Disclaimers on electioneering communications.
– Conflict between definition of Issue Committee and disclosure requirement.
Termination of committee
– How to affirmatively close?
– Carry-over funds and disposal of unexpended funds.
– Ability of Clerk and/or hearing officer for discovery of information and to compel testimony.
– Ability to “follow the money.”
– Manual and training program: who creates, who instructs?
Summary of Council Direction to City Attorney