Here is the full text of a press release on the subject:
On Sept. 25, City Council voted 8 to 1 to postpone the proposed oil and gas regulations vote in order to allow city staff to address the following concerns:
– A plan on how the wells located within city limits will be inspected.
– A plan outlining regular monitoring of air and water quality.
– An answer to whether more zoning options are available to the city.
The revised schedule for the proposed oil and gas regulations is as follows:
– Monday, Oct. 22 – Informal City Council meeting. Staff to present options. Council to give final direction regarding a draft ordinance. Public welcome; public comment not permitted.
– Tuesday, Oct. 23 – Formal City Council meeting. Council to take action to postpone the item until Nov. 27 for first reading. Public welcome; public comment permitted.
– Tuesday, Nov. 27 – Formal City Council meeting. First reading of the ordinance. Public welcome; public comment permitted.
All meetings will begin at 1 p.m. and will be held in the Council Chambers located on the third floor of City Hall at 107 N. Nevada Avenue.
This schedule could change based on Council direction or decision.